Sunday, May 31, 2009

More Pictures!

I have my placement test at 9am tomorrow morning (which is really 8am, because Moroccan daylight savings is starting), so I'm not going to write a long entry now... but I did want to post a few more pictures of campus and the town of Ifrane.  [What I called the souk in my last post is actually the marché, which is different from the souk in that it is daily, while the souk only happens once a week (a little ways down the road).]  Last night we made another visit to the marché and explored the grocery vendors more.  Many of them had full chicken or cow carcasses hanging around the counter.  But the fruits and vegetables were much more varied and appetizing than the produce at Al-Akhawayn, so I think I'll be returning soon to stock up.  Today was almost entirely taken up with orientation sessions about adjusting to the new culture.  

Me at the center of campus, with the mosque behind me

Another view of the campus mosque, with the library in the background




No comments:

Post a Comment